Currently, I work part-time at the Champaign Public Library. I have an Associate Degree in Fine & Applied Arts from Parkland College. I gained valuable experience teaching as an aide in the Life Skills department at Unity Jr. High and would like to continue building my teaching experience with children while saving money to go back to school. My ultimate goal is to achieve a Bachelor Degree in Art Education.
One of my main passions is painting, and I would love to have the opportunity to share my passion and love for painting with children that express an interest in the arts. If you have a child who would like to learn how to paint with watercolors (any age: K-12), I would love to arrange to meet with you. I have an art studio in my home where the lessons take place, but I will consider giving lessons at your home if it is more convenient.
During these one-on-one or small group lessons, you will learn to better your drawing skills and apply watercolor painting techniques to your drawings. You'll also learn about mixing color and creative effects you can achieve with watercolors. ALL materials are included in the lesson! A one hour lesson is $20. We can arrange to meet when it is convenient for you and your family. I'm happy to answer any of your questions! Happy painting.
What kind of projects will we work on?
· That’s up to you! What are you interested in? Abstract? Portraits? Nature? Animals? Each lesson is based on what you or your child wants to learn and I will build the lessons from there.
Who do you teach?
· Individual or small group lessons primarily for children, but I can also teach adults separately or with your child.
How will I know if this will be a good fit for my child?
· We can have an informal meeting where I’ll show you my studio, projects, and artwork and get to know each other beforehand.
How much is each lesson? How do I pay?
· A one hour lesson is $20 and all materials are included. A group lesson of 2 or 3 children is $15 per child, 4-8 children is $12 per child, and 8+ children is $10 per child. If the lesson is at your home, there is an additional charge based on your location (usually $5-$10 to cover gas/time).
· Cash, credit or check. If you are going to take a series of lessons, you must pay for at least two lessons at a time.
What is the easiest way to contact you?
· Email or phone is best – text or call.
“One of my main passions is creating. I would love to have the opportunity to teach you more about painting!”
Weaving Workshops and Lessons
Along with painting lessons, I also teach basic and intermediate weaving lessons. These are very laid back, friendly lessons. We can meet at your home, a coffee shop, a library---wherever you feel inspired. These lessons are $20 an hour. I'll provide you with a handmade booklet detailing the basic steps to making your own wall hanging and different kinds of yarn for you to use.
I am also available to teach weaving workshops!
Please contact me for more details and information. Pricing varies on what amenities and supplies the venue is able to provide. Each student will leave with a handmade booklet detailing the basic steps to making your own wall hanging, a finished or nearly-finished piece focusing on: tabby weave, soumak stitch, rya knots, and color combinations.
The I.D.E.A. Store January 26, 2017
The I.D.E.A. Store February 22, 2017
Klose Knit April 22, 2017